Are you facing challenges in your life and looking for answers?
If you are, then read on…
Let’s face it, life has its ups and downs, and Satan and his demonic forces are attacking, it seems, from every direction. Yes, negativity and evil are all around, and you never know when it is going to show its ugly face.
Yes, Christians do get attacked every day around the world, however here is the good news; you have come to the right place to find the biblically-based answers you are looking for as a Christian.
Let me introduce myself… My name is Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander and as a Christian Counselor and Life Coach and a member of the clergy my focus is on providing you with sound biblically-based solutions to overcome even the greatest of challenges you face in your life allowing you to attain incredible results in every area of your life…
Want to know more, then…
Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander
Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander is the General Supervisor with Chaplains International, a member of the clergy, and a Diplomat of the National Board of Christian Clinical Therapist and a Board Certified Supervisor and Presidential Member of the American Association of Christian Counseling having his private practice in South Florida.
Individual, Couples, and Family Counseling & Coaching
I provide a unique form of psychotherapy which uses faith-based resources as well as psychological understanding for healing and growth.
As a Chaplain and mental health professional I have in-depth religious and theological training combined with faith-based clinical pastoral counseling which can aid you and your family in every aspect of your life.
The variety of services I provide include treatment for persons with mental disorders; counseling for adults, adolescents, children, families and couples; substance abuse treatment; wellness programs; religious retreats; spiritual direction; clinical training; consultation to corporations; outreach preventive services in prisons, military settings and schools; and community education.
Areas I Can Assist You In
(Click on topic to view details)
Ministerial services I provide:
For over three decades Rev. Dr. Alexander has been creating unique and meaningful ceremonies throughout the United States and abroad. In addition to his own expertise, he has found ceremonies that could be adapted to enhance your special moment. He has performed over two thousand weddings, each one personalized for each couple, matching everything they have desired in their very special wedding ceremonies.
Rev. Dr. Alexander believes that when love has brought two people together it is an honor to be invited to share in the celebration of that love and to pronounce the vows that acknowledge it.
[Schedule your appointment] to start planning your wedding day with Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander.
If you will be having the funeral or memorial service at a religious place of worship.
As a Chaplain I can assist you with the service be it Liturgical, Christian, Spiritual, or Civil as I serve over 140 Christian denominations and faiths.
I am able to assist you with:
- Formally eulogizing the person who died
- Saying prayers
- Inviting attendees to any events after the funeral service (such as a burial or entombment at a cemetery, scattering of cremated remains, or reception)
- Generally leading the service
If you are having a funeral or memorial service for your loved one, I am here to help.
[Meet with me] to discuss my performing your loved ones’ funeral or memorial service.
As a Chaplain and member of the clergy I can assist you with the baptism / christening of your baby or child.
The baptismal / christening services I provide is a very special occasion for you and your family members to worship together. Invite the entire congregation, as well as friends and family to the your baby’s baptismal service.
[Schedule your baby’s baptismal service] at a time when the your loved ones will be able to attend at a location of your choosing.
Counseling services I provide:
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE)
An ACE score is a tally of different types of abuse, neglect, and other hallmarks of a rough childhood. According to the Adverse Childhood Experiences study, the rougher your childhood, the higher your score is likely to be and the higher your risk for later health problems.
Call us today to schedule your appointment to take this assessment.
My ideal client in this area is someone who simply comes curious, wanting to go deeper and live a truly meaningful spiritual life.
Individuals and families who want to more actively explore their spiritual life, or for whom traditional religion has not fulfilled them often find my services helpful.
I also teach monastic principles to those who seek more in their spiritual walk at the top level of seeking God in their life. This form of spirituality is helpful for clients dealing with stress, anxiety and seeking to slow down and be more present to life.
In spiritual counseling I focus on more obvious spiritual questions and answering them, like prayer, reading the Word of God and your spiritual walk, but also on why God does things, how God talks with you, your relationships, stress and the way your spirituality is lived out in your everyday life.
[Schedule your appointment] with me so we can uncover what God has for you and your life through your spiritual walk.
Preparing for marriage is important, so important that it has been found to reduce the rate of divorce by 30%.
I provide premarital counseling, coaching, and education are investments in your life as a couple and your future, investments that you shouldn’t risk to pass up. This is marriage after all!
My focus is ensure that you and your fiance have a strong, healthy relationship — giving you a better chance for a stable and satisfying marriage.
This kind of faith-based counseling can also help you identify weaknesses that could become problems during marriage in the future.
I will focus on the following in your sessions:
- Becoming aware of different expectations that you and your fiance’ have for the marriage relationship as well as areas of potential conflict.
- Formulating basic agreements that will form the foundation of your marital relationship.
- Clarifying each of your personal values and begin teaching you how to accept the differing values in each of you.
- Helping you keep your vows of infidelity, patience, respect, and loving-kindness as taught in God’s Word.
- Performing your wedding for you so you have a lifelong satisfying and God-Centered marriage.
[Schedule your appointment] with me and see how premarital counseling can aid you in your success as a God-centered couple.
The heart and soul of how I help others is as a Pastoral therapist I meet my clients where they are in life, relationships, struggles, and so on – with the goal of gaining your trust and helping move you through discouraging and challenging circumstances, while sharing in God’s reality for your life.
I believe in the value of working through personal problems and issues in the context of building solid God-centered relationships which will last a lifetime.
I will help you with this on a personal level, and in the process of restoring health and relationships with whomever you are intending to build this restored relationship with.
I will help you in overcoming the following in your relationship:
- Frequent or continual arguing with your spouse of significant other.
- Improving your communication with your spouse or significant other.
- Taking responsibility of the anger patterns that exist in your household for the conflicts of one spouse or significant other toward the other.
- Marital separation.
- Pending divorce.
- Involvement in multiple intimate relationships at the same time.
- Physical, emotional and/or verbal abuse in your relationship.
- A pattern of superficial or no communication, infrequent, or no sexual contact, excessive involvement in activities (work or recreation) that allows for the avoidance of closeness to your spouse.
- A pattern of repeated broken, conflictual relationships due to personal deficiencies in problem solving, maintaining a trust relationship or choosing abusive or dysfunctional partners.
If you are ready to make a dramatic positive difference your relationship and/or marriage [schedule an appointment] with me so we can see God at work in your life as a couple.
Pastoral family therapy is a type of faith-based psychological counseling that combines the Word of God together with Cognitive Therapy techniques that can help family members improve communication and resolve conflicts.
Pastoral Family therapy is often short term lasting usually 8-12 weeks in duration. It may include all family members or just those able or willing to participate.
Your specific treatment plan will depend on your family’s situation and what is needed to overcome any challenges you are experiencing with biblical-based solutions.
Pastoral Family therapy sessions can teach you skills to deepen family connections and get through stressful times, even after you’re done going to your therapy sessions.
Are you ready to see positive things happen in your family? If so, [schedule an appointment] with me and see how Pastoral Counseling can change your life in a positive way.
Grief and Bereavement Counseling
Grief can be felt in many different ways. Grief has several stages including:
- Denial or shock
As helpful as it may be to learn about these stages, they are not neatly packaged that a person experiences sequentially; rather, they are a cycle, and the bereaved may experience more than one at a time.
The goal of grieving is not to get things back to normal. After a loss, one’s entire life may change.
The goal is to find and accept a new “normal.”
Are you ready to get things back to “normal?” If so, [schedule an appointment] with me and see how Pastoral Counseling can change your life in a positive way.
Anxiety, Stress, and Depression
People experience stress and anxiety in their life at one time or another. The difference between these various areas is that stress is a response to a threat in a situation. Anxiety is a reaction to the stress and depression is the result of not being able to do anything about them.
Whether in good times or bad, most people have expressed that stress interferes at least moderately with their lives. Even worse, chronic stress can affect your health, causing symptoms from headaches, high blood pressure, and chest pain to heart palpitations, skin rashes, and loss of sleep.
You can learn how to reduce the impact of stress and manage your symptoms through Pastoral Counseling which provides you the answers you seek.
I can help you in overcoming:
- Excessive and persistent daily worry about several life circumstances that has no factual or logical basis.
- Symptoms of motor tension such as restlessness, tiredness, shakiness, or muscle tension.
- Symptoms of autonomic hyperactivity such as palpitations, shortness of breath, dry mouth, trouble swallowing, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Symptoms of hyper-vigilance such as felling constantly on edge, concentration difficulties, trouble falling or staying asleep, and general state of irritability.
All you have to do is [schedule an appointment] with me to start overcoming these and much more so you can move successfully on with your life and get beyond those things that are limiting you.
Overcome Financial Conflict
If you want to overcome any of the following financial difficulties you have come to the right place.
Just image being able to overcome:
- Indebtedness and overdue bills that exceed the ability to meet monthly payments.
- Loss of income due to unemployment.
- Reduction in income due to change in employment status.
- Conflict with your spouse over management of money and the definition of necessary expenditures and savings goals.
- A feeling of low self-esteem and hopelessness that is associated with the lack of sufficient income to cover cost of living.
- A long-term lack of discipline in money management that has led to excessive indebtedness.
- An uncomfortable crisis (e.g. medical bills, job layoff, etc.) that has caused past-due bill balances to exceed the ability to make payments.
- Fear of losing housing because of an inability to meet your monthly mortgage payment.
- A pattern of impulsive spending that does not consider the eventual financial consequences.
Yes, you can overcome all these things and more.
[Schedule an appointment] with me today and discover how Pastoral Counseling can help you with these things and more.
Separation / Divorce Therapy
If you are separated or divorce I am here to help you in overcoming the following challenges which go with these trying times in your life:
- Marital difficulties which lead to disagreements and arguments, causing ongoing erosion of your marital and family relationships.
- The alienation of each partner in the marital relationship which places tension on your entire family.
- Not being able to talk with each other due to the sparking of fears and concern within your family, causing you to compensate in a multitude of ways.
- The challenges children go through when parents decide to separate, giving rise to questions about which family members remain in the home.
- Your children experiencing conflicted loyalties over being separated from one parent and perhaps from their siblings.
- Whether deciding as parents to separate and/or divorce but remaining under the same room which contributes to coldness and estrangement in the home.
- Having financial difficulties which has arisen as the result of operating two separate households, thus restricting family member’s resources.
- Experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, or acting-out behaviors (e.g. substance abuse, poor school performance, etc. ) which develop in family members.
- Having new family members, in the form of stepparents, stepchildren, and stepsiblings which must be accomodated.
- Having your children assume some responsibility and guilt for the marital failure.
If you are going through separation or divorce and want to regain a strong joy in living and develop confidence in your new found peacefulness, then [schedule an appointment] with me and let’s work through it together. You are not alone!
Just imagine being able to improve satisfaction and comfort surrounding co-worker relationships while being able to increase a sense of confidence of confidence and competence in dealing with work responsibilities.
Or how about finding the next job that God has for you.
You can overcome all of the following and more:
- Feelings of anxiety and depression secondary to interpersonal conflict (perceived harassment, shunning, confrontation, etc) with co-workers.
- Feelings of inadequacy, fear, and failure secondary to severe business losses.
- Fear of failure secondary to success or promotion that increases perceived expectations for greater success.
- Rebellion against and/or conflicts with authority figures in the employment situation.
- Feelings of anxiety and depression secondary to being fired or laid off, resulting in unemployment.
- Anxiety related to perceived or actual job jeopardy.
- Feelings of depression and anxiety related to complaints of job dissatisfaction or the stress of employment responsibilities.
Yes, you can increase your sense of self-esteem and elevation of mood in spite of unemployment and increase your job security as a result of more positive evaluations from your supervisor.
This and more is possible. [Schedule an appointment] with me and discover how.
Life & Business Coaching
Coaching services I provide:
Christian Life Coaching
Do you want to attain incredible results in your life…
You can through Christian Life Coaching
People come for coaching because they want something to be different. Changes involve shifts in attitudes, thinking, perceptions, and behavior.
We work together in a partnership that gets things done in the present and clarify how present learning can be applied in the future.
I provide assistance in the following Christian Life Coaching areas:
- Developing skills in such areas as athletics, music, money management, public speaking, parenting, and leadership.
- Discovering and developing passions.
- Finding a life purpose.
- Setting and reaching specific goals.
- Building a clearer vision for the future.
- Developing a mission statement for one’s life, business, or ministry.
- Learning to manage change effectively.
- Finding clear values.
- Building communication skills.
- Appraising performance.
- Getting unstuck, getting out of ruts, and moving forward.
- Learning to think and see things differently by overcoming limitations.
- Expanding the capacity to take action.
- Getting free of self-sabotaging behavior and destructive self-talk – the kind of talk, for example, that says, “I can’t do it,” “Things will never change,” “Nobody will listen to me,” “I’ll never succeed, so why try!”
- Building better teams (in the same way one gets athletes to play for the name on the front of their shirts instead of their own names on the back).
- Building self-confidence.
- Getting the courage to take risks.
- Learning to take responsibility.
- Finding the tools, support, and accountability to accomplish more.
- Having the ability to focus better, be more efficient, and reach goals more quickly.
- Developing a closer walk with God.
All of this is possible and more. [Schedule an appointment] with me and discover how.
Come Join My Next Upcoming Workshop!
Prepare-Enrich Facilitator Training
Helping couples strengthen their relationship is no easy task. Becoming a certified Prepare/Enrich Facilitator provides you with the core knowledge and skills to confidently utilize Prepare/Enrich’s proven assessment and feedback resources to foster resilient relationships and marriages.
After the course you will be able to:
- Prepare couples to take the assessment
- Interpret the assessment insights
- Give personalized feedback
- Initiate meaningful discussion
- Facilitate relationship skill-building exercises
Marriage 101 has been voted the #1 premarital counseling course in the country 4 years in a row!
Eight full sessions deal with all the critical marriage issues, such as conflict resolution, intimacy, and how to handle money. Two additional bonus sessions cover the challenging problems of cohabitation and blended families. Also perfect for marriage enrichment.
Family 101-Back to the Basics will help you learn how to “one another, each other” in the most challenging and difficult of places: THE HOME
Crisis 101: Making Sense of Life When Life Doesn’t Make Sense. A timely resource that helps us see circumstances from Heaven’s perspective instead of through our limited, imperfect, human perspective.
Nestled within the Exodus 14 text, one of the greatest crisis in the entire Bible, Crisis 101 unpacks 10 Biblical principles that give insight and encouragement to anyone facing any trial of life – divorce, disease, diagnosis, death, distant relationships, loss of a job, wayward child… your people will have more clarity in “Making sense of life when life doesn’t make sense.”
Growing Through Divorce
In a society that has a pill or a prescription for almost of everything, very little is available to help the person struggling through the hurricane of divorce.
Divorce is one of the most painful and emotionally draining experiences that a human being can have. It is a hurt that goes deep and is accompanied by the doubt that it will ever heal.
Growing Through Divorce offers practical guidance for anyone facing divorce.
Get In Touch
Mon – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Saturday: 10am – 12m