Support For Christian Individuals, Couples, & Families
Christian Relationship Counseling, also known as Pastoral couples counseling, provides a safe space where you and your mate can work through your relationship issues from a Christian perspective with a trained Pastoral Therapist.
I specialize in different types of relationships, with marriage counseling being the most common.
Additionally, I offer family treatment for couples who are having trouble taking the next step in their relationship. Premarital counseling is also available.
Individual Pastoral Counseling
Individual Christian Coaching
Have you ever finished your day incredibly satisfied with what you have accomplished that day? Isn’t that the sensation we all desire? When was the last time you actually got there? By using my 3Cs methodology (Connect-Counsel-Connect) you will attain high-performance results every day.
Group Couples Therapy
Group counseling is a form of counseling that’s given to a group of Christian individuals or married couples, typically close peers. Those who participate understand that it’s safe and comfortable for them to speak about their problems with each other so they can work through them together as well as input from the group leader as needed.
Christian Relationship Courses
Our Relationship Courses are built on the 3C’s model which is built as resources for couples that want to focus on scaling up their relationship skills from a Christian perspective. These relationship courses are designed for couples to develop a better understanding of themselves and their mate and cultivate a thriving, conscious, and committed relationship which includes having God at the center of their relationship.
Hello! I’m Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander
Licensed Pastoral Therapist
Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander is the General Supervisor with Chaplains International, a member of the clergy, and a Diplomat of the National Board of Christian Clinical Therapists, and a Board Certified Supervisor and Presidential Member of the American Association of Christian Counseling having his private practice in South Florida.
Areas I Can Assist You In
(Click on topic to view details)
Ministerial Services I provide:
For over three decades Rev. Dr. Alexander has been creating unique and meaningful ceremonies throughout the United States and abroad. In addition to his own expertise, he has found ceremonies that could be adapted to enhance your special moment. He has performed over two thousand weddings, each one personalized for each couple, matching everything they have desired in their very special wedding ceremonies.
Rev. Dr. Alexander believes that when love has brought two people together it is an honor to be invited to share in the celebration of that love and to pronounce the vows that acknowledge it.
[Schedule your appointment] to start planning your wedding day with Rev. Dr. Sean Alexander.
If you will be having the funeral or memorial service at a religious place of worship.
As a Chaplain I can assist you with the service be it Liturgical, Christian, Spiritual, or Civil as I serve over 140 Christian denominations and faiths.
I am able to assist you with:
- Formally eulogizing the person who died
- Saying prayers
- Inviting attendees to any events after the funeral service (such as a burial or entombment at a cemetery, scattering of cremated remains, or reception)
- Generally leading the service
If you are having a funeral or memorial service for your loved one, I am here to help.
[Meet with me] to discuss my performing your loved ones’ funeral or memorial service.
As a Chaplain and member of the clergy, I can assist you with the baptism/christening of your baby or child.
The baptismal / christening services I provide is a very special occasion for you and your family members to worship together. Invite the entire congregation, as well as friends and family to your baby’s baptismal service.
[Schedule your baby’s baptismal service] at a time when your loved ones will be able to attend at a location of your choosing.
Counseling Services I provide:
Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE)
An ACE score is a tally of different types of abuse, neglect, and other hallmarks of a rough childhood. According to the Adverse Childhood Experiences study, the rougher your childhood, the higher your score is likely to be and the higher your risk for later health problems.
Call us today to schedule your appointment to take this assessment.
My ideal client in this area is someone who simply comes curious, wanting to go deeper and live a truly meaningful spiritual life.
Individuals and families who want to explore their spiritual life, or for whom traditional religion has not fulfilled them often find my services helpful.
I also teach monastic principles to those who seek more in their spiritual walk at the top level of seeking God in their life. This form of spirituality is helpful for clients dealing with stress, and anxiety and seeking to slow down and be more present to life.
In spiritual counseling I focus on more obvious spiritual questions and answering them, like prayer, reading the Word of God, and your spiritual walk, but also on why God does things, how God talks with you, your relationships, stress, and the way your spirituality is lived out in your everyday life.
[Schedule your appointment] with me so we can uncover what God has for you and your life through your spiritual walk.
Preparing for marriage is important, so important that it has been found to reduce the rate of divorce by 30%.
I provide premarital counseling, coaching, and education are investments in your life as a couple and your future, investments that you shouldn’t risk passing up. This is marriage after all!
My focus is to ensure that you and your fiance have a strong, healthy relationship — giving you a better chance for a stable and satisfying marriage.
This kind of faith-based counseling can also help you identify weaknesses that could become problems during the marriage in the future.
I will focus on the following in your sessions:
- Becoming aware of different expectations that you and your fiance’ have for the marriage relationship as well as areas of potential conflict.
- Formulating basic agreements that will form the foundation of your marital relationship.
- Clarifying each of your personal values and begin teaching you how to accept the differing values in each of you.
- Helping you keep your vows of infidelity, patience, respect, and loving-kindness as taught in God’s Word.
- Performing your wedding for you so you have a lifelong satisfying and God-Centered marriage.
[Schedule your appointment] with me and see how premarital counseling can aid you in your success as a God-centered couple
The heart and soul of how I help others are as a Pastoral therapist I meet my clients where they are in life, relationships, struggles, and so on – with the goal of gaining your trust and helping move you through discouraging and challenging circumstances while sharing in God’s reality for your life.
I believe in the value of working through personal problems and issues in the context of building solid God-centered relationships which will last a lifetime.
I will help you with this on a personal level, and in the process of restoring health and relationships with whomever, you are intending to build this restored relationship with.
I will help you in overcoming the following in your relationship:
- Frequent or continual arguing with your spouse or significant other.
- Improving your communication with your spouse or significant other.
- Take responsibility for the anger patterns that exist in your household for the conflicts of one spouse or significant other toward the other.
- Marital separation.
- Pending divorce.
- Involvement in multiple intimate relationships at the same time.
- Physical, emotional, and/or verbal abuse in your relationship.
- A pattern of superficial or no communication, infrequent, or no sexual contact, and excessive involvement in activities (work or recreation) that allows for the avoidance of closeness to your spouse.
- A pattern of repeated broken, conflictual relationships due to personal deficiencies in problem-solving, maintaining a trusting relationship or choosing abusive or dysfunctional partners.
If you are ready to make a dramatic positive difference in your relationship and/or marriage [schedule an appointment] with me so we can see God at work in your life as a couple.
Pastoral family therapy is a type of faith-based psychological counseling that combines the Word of God together with Cognitive Therapy techniques that can help family members improve communication and resolve conflicts.
Pastoral Family therapy is often short term lasting usually 8-12 weeks in duration. It may include all family members or just those able or willing to participate.
Your specific treatment plan will depend on your family’s situation and what is needed to overcome any challenges you are experiencing with biblical-based solutions.
Pastoral Family therapy sessions can teach you skills to deepen family connections and get through stressful times, even after you’re done going to your therapy sessions.
Are you ready to see positive things happen in your family? If so, [schedule an appointment] with me and see how Pastoral Counseling can change your life in a positive way.
Grief and Bereavement Counseling
Grief can be felt in many different ways. Grief has several stages including:
- Denial or shock
As helpful as it may be to learn about these stages, they are not neatly packaged that a person experiences sequentially; rather, they are a cycle, and the bereaved may experience more than one at a time.
The goal of grieving is not to get things back to normal. After a loss, one’s entire life may change.
The goal is to find and accept a new “normal.”
Are you ready to get things back to “normal?” If so, [schedule an appointment] with me and see how Pastoral Counseling can change your life in a positive way.
Anxiety, Stress, and Depression
People experience stress and anxiety in their life at one time or another. The difference between these various areas is that stress is a response to a threat in a situation. Anxiety is a reaction to stress and depression is the result of not being able to do anything about them.
Whether in good times or bad, most people have expressed that stress interferes at least moderately with their lives. Even worse, chronic stress can affect your health, causing symptoms from headaches, high blood pressure, chest pain heart palpitations, skin rashes, and loss of sleep.
You can learn how to reduce the impact of stress and manage your symptoms through Pastoral Counseling which provides you with the answers you seek.
I can help you in overcoming:
- Excessive and persistent daily worry about several life circumstances that have no factual or logical basis.
- Symptoms of motor tension such as restlessness, tiredness, shakiness, or muscle tension.
- Symptoms of autonomic hyperactivity such as palpitations, shortness of breath, dry mouth, trouble swallowing, nausea, or diarrhea.
- Symptoms of hyper-vigilance such as feeling constantly on edge, concentration difficulties, trouble falling or staying asleep, and a general state of irritability.
All you have to do is [schedule an appointment] with me to start overcoming these and much more so you can move successfully on with your life and get beyond those things that are limiting you.
Overcome Financial Conflict
If you want to overcome any of the following financial difficulties you have come to the right place.
Just imagine being able to overcome:
- Indebtedness and overdue bills that exceed the ability to meet monthly payments.
- Loss of income due to unemployment.
- Reduction in income due to change in employment status.
- Conflict with your spouse over management of money and the definition of necessary expenditures and savings goals.
- A feeling of low self-esteem and hopelessness is associated with the lack of sufficient income to cover the cost of living.
- A long-term lack of discipline in money management has led to excessive indebtedness.
- An uncomfortable crisis (e.g. medical bills, job layoff, etc.) that has caused past-due bill balances to exceed the ability to make payments.
- Fear of losing housing because of an inability to meet your monthly mortgage payment.
- A pattern of impulsive spending that does not consider the eventual financial consequences.
Yes, you can overcome all these things and more.
[Schedule an appointment] with me today and discover how Pastoral Counseling can help you with these things and more.
Separation / Divorce Therapy
If you are separated or divorce I am here to help you in overcoming the following challenges which go with these trying times in your life:
- Marital difficulties which lead to disagreements and arguments, causing ongoing erosion of your marital and family relationships.
- The alienation of each partner in the marital relationship which places tension on your entire family.
- Not being able to talk with each other due to the sparking of fears and concern within your family, causing you to compensate in a multitude of ways.
- The challenges children go through when parents decide to separate, giving rise to questions about which family members remain in the home.
- Your children experiencing conflicted loyalties over being separated from one parent and perhaps from their siblings.
- Whether deciding as parents to separate and/or divorce but remaining under the same room which contributes to coldness and estrangement in the home.
- Having financial difficulties which has arisen as the result of operating two separate households, thus restricting family member’s resources.
- Experiencing symptoms of anxiety, depression, or acting-out behaviors (e.g. substance abuse, poor school performance, etc. ) which develop in family members.
- Having new family members, in the form of stepparents, stepchildren, and stepsiblings which must be accomodated.
- Having your children assume some responsibility and guilt for the marital failure.
If you are going through separation or divorce and want to regain a strong joy in living and develop confidence in your new found peacefulness, then [schedule an appointment] with me and let’s work through it together. You are not alone!
Just imagine being able to improve satisfaction and comfort surrounding co-worker relationships while being able to increase a sense of confidence of confidence and competence in dealing with work responsibilities.
Or how about finding the next job that God has for you.
You can overcome all of the following and more:
- Feelings of anxiety and depression secondary to interpersonal conflict (perceived harassment, shunning, confrontation, etc) with co-workers.
- Feelings of inadequacy, fear, and failure secondary to severe business losses.
- Fear of failure secondary to success or promotion that increases perceived expectations for greater success.
- Rebellion against and/or conflicts with authority figures in the employment situation.
- Feelings of anxiety and depression secondary to being fired or laid off, resulting in unemployment.
- Anxiety related to perceived or actual job jeopardy.
- Feelings of depression and anxiety related to complaints of job dissatisfaction or the stress of employment responsibilities.
Yes, you can increase your sense of self-esteem and elevation of mood in spite of unemployment and increase your job security as a result of more positive evaluations from your supervisor.
This and more is possible. [Schedule an appointment] with me and discover how.
Life & Business Coaching
Coaching Services I provide:
Christian Life Coaching
Do you want to attain incredible results in your life…
You can through Christian Life Coaching
People come for coaching because they want something to be different. Changes involve shifts in attitudes, thinking, perceptions, and behavior.
We work together in a partnership that gets things done in the present and clarify how present learning can be applied in the future.
I provide assistance in the following Christian Life Coaching areas:
- Developing skills in such areas as athletics, music, money management, public speaking, parenting, and leadership.
- Discovering and developing passions.
- Finding a life purpose.
- Setting and reaching specific goals.
- Building a clearer vision for the future.
- Developing a mission statement for one’s life, business, or ministry.
- Learning to manage change effectively.
- Finding clear values.
- Building communication skills.
- Appraising performance.
- Getting unstuck, getting out of ruts, and moving forward.
- Learning to think and see things differently by overcoming limitations.
- Expanding the capacity to take action.
- Getting free of self-sabotaging behavior and destructive self-talk – the kind of talk, for example, that says, “I can’t do it,” “Things will never change,” “Nobody will listen to me,” “I’ll never succeed, so why try!”
- Building better teams (in the same way one gets athletes to play for the name on the front of their shirts instead of their own names on the back).
- Building self-confidence.
- Getting the courage to take risks.
- Learning to take responsibility.
- Finding the tools, support, and accountability to accomplish more.
- Having the ability to focus better, be more efficient, and reach goals more quickly.
- Developing a closer walk with God.
All of this is possible and more. [Schedule an appointment] with me and discover how.
Christian Business Coaching
Do you want to attain incredible results in your business?…
You can through Christian Business Coaching
People come for coaching because they want something to be different in their business. Changes involve shifts in attitudes, thinking, perceptions, and behavior.
I work together with you in a partnership that gets things done in the present and clarifies how present learning can be applied in the future.
I provide assistance in the following Christian Business Coaching areas:
- Keeping up with industry trends
- Coping with market competition
- Cash flow and Tax Problems
- Digital adoption
- Automating Business Processes
- Data Analysis
- Modernizing Legacy Systems
- Balancing Quality and Growth
- Attracting, Training, and Retaining Talent
- Identifying New Sales Channels
All of this is possible and more. [Schedule an appointment] with me and discover how.
As a Pastoral Therapist, I seek to model the spirit and character of Jesus Christ in what they say and do as I counsel. Following the example of Christ I choose to follow in my personal values:
- Love: To carry the burdens of others and to find Biblically based solutions to them in aiding my patients.
In times of suffering, it becomes especially important for me to care for, invest in, and carry these burdens alongside others, and this clearly carries over to the counseling setting.
- Honor: As I walk with hurting people, I do so with honor and integrity. As a Christian counselor, I uphold a proper therapeutic alliance and ministerial code of ethics. Ultimately, I treat my clients with the respect they deserve, treating them as Christ would treat them.
- Faith: I provide my counselees with spiritual resources of faith, prayer, and worship to bring holistic healing to them. I promise my patients to draw close to God in order to remain attuned to his direction in the therapeutic relationship. I stand in faith with a deeply-rooted hope that God can work in sinful, troubled people.
- Compassion: I must have compassion as I encounter the “true selves” of my clients–the good and the bad. When seeing the worst elements of a person, or uncovering their deeply held shame, I promise to exhibit overwhelming compassion for broken people made in God’s image.
- Humility: I will maintain a humble heart at the core of my being an effective counselor. In order to effectively care for people who come to my from places of vulnerability in the midst of struggle, a posture of humility becomes of utmost importance.
"As a man thinks, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7)
Jessica & Ron – Couple: Age 34 & 38
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be open to you (Matthew 7:7)
Brad: Age 27
"All things are possible for the one who believes.” (Mark 9:23)
Jane – Mother: Age 36
Ask a question or book an appointment below. For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital